90s makeup products have come and gone, but luckily lipstick seems to be the exception and many colors are still around. Many 90s lipsticks are still available for purchase today. This list is by no means a be all, end all to the colors available. I’ll also be updating it periodically as I do more research Also includes are popular lipliners from the 90s.
Prices are accurate as of the time of publication. This post also contains affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and/or make a purchase, I may receive money. Sources are linked at the end.
Red 90s Lipstick
- Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey ($23) is a buildable sheer lipstick in a deep raisin color.
- L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour in Cinnamon Toast ($9.99) is a creamy textured, orange-leaning brick red.
- MAC Powder Kiss Lipstick in Marrakesh ($22) is a very warm-toned, medium-dark copper with a satin finish.
- MAC Satin Lipstick in Paramount ($22) is a dark reddish brown reportedly favored by Aaliyah.
- MAC Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo ($15) is a reddest red with a blue hue, famously worn by Gwen Stefani in the 90s.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Wine with Everything ($5.99) is a creamy textured cooler brick red.
- Wet n Wild’s MegaLast Lip Color in Cinnamon Spice ($3.19) is a semi-matte full coverage brownish red lipstick.
- Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in Black Orchid 508 ($0.98) is a dark raisin red.
Brown 90s Lipstick and Lipliners
- Bobbi Brown Lip Color Lipstick in Brown ($29) helped popularize 90s brown lipstick.
- MAC Satin Lipstick in Cherish ($22) is a light brown lipstick, also reportedly favored by Aaliyah
- MAC Lip Pencil in Spice ($22) is a brown dark nude shade for lighter skintones.
- MAC Matte Lipstick in Taupe ($22) is a muted reddish brown.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Coffee Bean ($13.49) is a pearlized mid bronze brown lipstick.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Iced Mocha ($5.96) is a sheer reddish brown.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick in Rum Raisin ($5.99) is a brick brown shade.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Toast of New York ($11.92) was a very popular shade in the 90s! It’s more of a brick brown than a brick red.
Neutral/Nude 90s Lipsticks
- MAC Matte Lipstick in Whirl ($22) is a dirty pink lipstick that MAC Senior Makeup Artist Regan Rabanal describes in Glamour like this: “Whirl is a tone of pink that would naturally occur in a fair to medium-dark skin tone. It’s almost like a pink latte. The lipstick works for everyone because of its depth and likeness to hues that naturally occur in the skin. When used on deeper skin tones, it turns to a lighter neutral, pink shade.”
- MAC Lipstick Cream in Creme de Nude ($22) is a pale peach color.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick in Sandalwood Beige ($6.52) is a neutral light reddish brown.
Mauve 90s Lipsticks
- MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig ($22) is very warm-toned, medium-dark mauve with a satin finish, according to Temptalia.
Berry 90s Lipsticks
- MAC Satin Lipstick in Cyber ($22) is a moderately warm-toned, dark purple with a natural finish.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry ($5.99) is a classic deep wine berry color.
- MAC Whirl Lipstick Is the Shade Your Makeup Bag Needs from Glamour
- Best 90’s lipstick? on Reddit
- Any lipstick shades from the 90’s that are still around today? on Reddit
- I Tested The 4 Most ICONIC Shades Of 90s Revlon Lipstick from RC Blog
- Lipsticks from the 90s We Still Love from Rethink Beauty
- The 50 Most Classic Lipstick Colors of All Time from The Cut
- What are some lipstick shades that were popular for WOC in the 90s? from Reddit
- Grungy 90s teens: what were your favourite products? from Reddit