I’m going to talk about two lipstick trends from the 90s: Brick red lipsticks and brown lipsticks. Both of these trends have come back around in recent years. Please note all prices are accurate at the time of initial post publication and are subject to change.
Brick Red 90s Lipstick
Brick red lipstick wasn’t just a 90s thing, but it certainly was popular in the 90s. Brick red is, well, similar to the color of red bricks or a deep brownish red shade with hints of tangerine. Here are some brick red lipsticks from the 90s that you can still purchase today!!
- MAC Powder Kiss Lipstick in Marrakesh ($22) is a very warm-toned, medium-dark copper with a satin finish.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Wine with Everything ($5.99) is a creamy textured cooler brick red.
- L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour in Cinnamon Toast ($9.99) is a creamy textured, orange-leaning brick red.
Brown 90s Lipsticks
Brown lipstick was a uniquely 90s trend, and it’s somewhat made a come back! If you want to give the 90s brown lipstick look a try, here are some favorite vintage colors you can still find on the market.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Coffee Bean ($13.49) is a pearlized mid bronze brown lipstick.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick in Rum Raisin ($5.99) is a brick brown shade.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Toast of New York ($11.92) was a very popular shade in the 90s! It’s more of a brick brown than a brick red.